Annual Fund Student Callers Recognized for Fundraising Efforts
Students from the Office of Annual Giving Programs were recognized for their fundraising efforts by Texas Tech University System Chancellor Kent Hance during the Texas Tech University men’s basketball game against Texas A&M University at the United Spirit Arena on Jan. 16.
Eleven high-performing student callers and managers were guests in the chancellor’s suite where they watched the Red Raider’s historic win over the Aggies that netted head coach Bob Knight his 900th career victory.
“Our student callers and managers are vital to the work we do at annual giving to connect alumni with the great things happening here at Texas Tech,” said Deborah Finlayson, senior director of annual giving programs. “Events like this one recognize the important work our student callers do to enlist financial support for so many programs across the Texas Tech University System.”
Annual Fund students recognized for their contributions included:
- Iris Garcia, student manager, $144,000
- Kellie Burns, student manager, $49,000
- Graham Garrison, student caller, $56,000
- Harumi Asano, student caller, $9,000
- Jordan Williams, senior caller, $50,000
- Jazzmin Bullard, student caller, $20,000
- Chris Fawks, student caller, $10,000
- Kevin Halls, senior caller, $17,000
- Ashley Averitte, student caller, $25,000
- Mark Mendoza, student caller, $21,000
- Shane Loggains, supervisor
Texas Tech’s annual giving program supports academic programs at Texas Tech through a variety of fundraising efforts. The annual fund student caller program gives Texas Tech students a unique chance to give back to their university while gaining valuable professional experience.